Travel teaches you many things, not the least of which is that downtowns matter. Downtowns are the heart and soul of our communities. They are also an indicator of larger social and economic trends. For many years, the decline of America’s downtowns was an indicator of a larger trend of people and jobs leaving cities for our far flung suburbs. Now, our downtowns are coming back to life and they are a harbinger of larger social, economic, demographic and technological trends. Read the new report by ULI senior Fellow Ed McMahon: downtowns-matter-state-of-main-fall-2016.
- RFQ – Vista Avenue Healthy Corridor Project Creative PlaceMaking Project
- Global CEO Patrick Phillips on ULI’s Leadership in Urban Resilience
- Defining Housing Affordability
- Proposed ‘UN Urban’ would coordinate global approach to urbanization
- Idaho companies are starting to climb aboard the sustainability bandwagon